Discovery Summer – what’s that?
Well, Discovery Summer is 2 in 1: for the kids, it’s their perfect holiday dreams come true, and for the parents, too: at last their children start speaking fluent English!
Discovery Summer is 6 excellent language summer camps for kids and teens, invented and created 20 years ago by Jane Merrick (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DVlLwrn540) who wanted to find international friends for her two teenage sons. Right now they help their mum to run the Discovery Summer family business, and so every July 6 fantastic traditional English boarding schools welcome kids and teens from more than 40 countries. What’s particularly interesting, English teenagers also take part in the camps.
All of the schools have fantastic grounds and facilities, where you can play all kinds of sports (golf, tennis, swimming, football, horse riding etc). do all forms of art (theatre, dance, film), or even learn how to write code! Of course – you do all that in English. On top of things, kids take two half-day trips weekly to visit Windsor, Oxford and other exciting places in the area.
ACS Cobham is located on a private estate, surrounded by beautiful countryside, 24km from central London. This impressive international school sits within a secure 50-hectare campus with excellent facilities for study, creative activities and recreation. Heathrow and Gatwick airports are 45 minutes away.
Only at ACS Cobham: English + Multiactivity (11-12)
- Wide choice of afternoon activities including sports, fitness, arts & crafts, drama, cooking, nature walks
- Evening activities include team challenges, quiz nights, mystery shows, traditional British games, relaxed nights in houses and discos
- Special events include: Ceilidh (traditional dancing), pool party with inflatables
- 2 excursions each week e.g. London (London Eye, Thames river cruise, West End Musical), Hampton Court Palace, Oxford (professionally guided walking tour, museums, punting), Thorpe Park
- PLUS: Lots of opportunities to practise English with English Student Hosts
- Two parallel programs run for two age groups at the same time – perfect for siblings!
- 200 Students, over 40 nationalities and Great Teachers:
English + Multiactivity (11-12): July 1 – 15, 2023 (just two weeks)
- The boarding house is exceptional and of hotel standard. Single or twin study bedrooms with en suite facilities. Younger students accommodated in twin rooms
- Students on the English + Multi-Activity and Global Young Leaders programmes will be mixed in accommodation
- Safe campus with 24 hr security
- Close supervision by our resident staff
- Full board. Varied meals to suit international students
- Restricted access to mobile phones. WiFi is available (at specific times).
Price: £ 3320 for 2 weeks (plus 5% YouEnglish discount)
Find out more about ACS Cobhan:
Check out the organizer’s website: