Discovery Summer – what’s that?
Well, Discovery Summer is 2 in 1: for the kids it’s their perfect holiday dreams come true, and for the parents, too: at last their children start speaking fluent English!
Discovery Summer is 6 excellent language summer camps for kids and teens, invented and created 20 years ago by Jane Merrick (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DVlLwrn540) who wanted to find international friends for her two teenage sons. Right now they help their mum to run the Discovery Summer family business, and so every July 6 fantastic traditional English boarding schools welcome kids and teens from more than 40 countries. What’s particularly interesting, English teenagers also take part in the camps.
All of the schools have fantastic grounds and facilities, where you can play all kinds of sports (golf, tennis, swimming, football, horse riding etc). do all forms of art (theatre, dance, film), or even learn how to write code! Of course – you do all that in English. On top of things, kids take two half-day trips weekly to visit Windsor, Oxford and other exciting places in the area.
Marymount International School has located on a private estate just 18km from central London. The campus is ideal for young children. It is safe, and compact and has many excellent facilities, set in beautiful landscaped lawns and gardens. London Heathrow and Gatwick airports under an hour away. Kingston upon Thames and Richmond Park are close by.
The campus is ideal for young children. It is safe, compact and has many excellent facilities, set in beautiful gardens. We offer a wide variety of indoor sports, including basketball, volleyball, and badminton. Outdoors, there is 5-a-side football, a tennis court, a dance studio and a large garden for games and activities.
Only at Marymount:
- Programme: English + Multi-Activity – ideal for first time away,
- A day option available,
- Special Sports Options: horse-riding and tennis (at extra cost)
- Staff/student ratio 1:4 ensuring a high level of care and very close supervision.
At Marymount you will never get bored:
- Very close to London, just 40 minutes by road from Kensington
- Compact campus with excellent facilities
- Small, safe centre
- Small, attractively-furnished and extremely well-kept bedrooms (1-3 beds) of a very high standard. Shared bathrooms
- Full board. Varied meals to suit international students
- A school nurse visits regularly
- Restricted access to mobile phones. WiFi is available (at specific times).
Price from: £ 1 660 for a week minus £ 83 (5% YouEnglish discount)
Dates: from 01.07.2023 to 29.07.2023 (arrivals on Saturdays) You can stay a minimum 1 week. The last arrival day is 29.07.2023.
Nearest airports: London Heathrow and Gatwick airports are under an hour away.
Find out more about Marymount:
Check out the organizer’s website: