Boston is a city in the northeastern part of the USA, the capital of Massachusetts. Boston was founded in 1630; is one of the oldest and culturally most important cities in the USA. This is where Harvard University and MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) are located.
Price from: $1,590 per week (plus 5% YouEnglish discounts)
Price includes tuition, trips, activities, accommodation and full board.
Time: 25 June – 30 July
Accommodation: Tufts University’s campus
Our centre is located on the beautiful campus of the prestigious Tufts University in Medford, Massachusetts only 20 minutes from downtown historic Boston.Fantastic campus facilities include a modern sports hall, indoor swimming pool and running track with a recreational field, outdoor space and spacious residence halls. The beautiful villages of New England, dramatic coastlines, popular beaches and the attractions of Boston are all within easy reach.
- single rooms with a bathroom on campus, arranged in flats of 5-9 with communal kitchen
- laundry available on campus
- meals served in an on-site canteen
- Wi-Fi available
- students must bring their own towel
- facilities: sports hall, outdoor areas for games and activities, astro turf sports pitch
- taught by friendly and professional English teachers,
- 20 x 45 minute lessons per week morning or afternoon
- placement test on day 1 to ensure students in appropriate level
- maximum 17 students per class
- students will be placed in an international class with students of different nationalities
- emphasis on communication skills
- materials, reports and certificates included
- many classrooms have interactive whiteboards
- classrooms are located in the Fulton Building.
- Sports: With a choice of football, mini Olympics, rounders, table tennis, volleyball and basketball.
- Daytime activities: for example scavenger hunts, drama workshops and photo quiz
- Evening: Activities such as karaoke, a talent show, and team games.
- Half-Day Trips to exciting places around Boston such as Harvard University, Massachusetts State House, MIT University and New England Aquarium.
- Full-Day Excursions: Charles River, Scusset Beach and Newport Rhode Island.