Brighton is a popular seaside city, with beautiful Georgian architecture, great beaches and trendy shops. Full of influence from different cultures, the people here are known for being welcoming and open-minded. Brighton is a british capitol of LGBT people. The classes and accommodation are located on the campus of the well-known University of Sussex, only a short bus or train journey from the city centre.
Location: Campus of University of Sussex, Brighton
Price: £ 960 per week (plus 5% YouEnglish discounts)
Price includes tuition, trips, activities, accommodation and full board.
Prices do not include air tickets, insurance and transfer from/to the airport.
Dates: 27 Jun –15 Aug
Accommodation: Campus of the Univesity of Sussex
- single rooms with a bathroom on campus, arranged in flats of 5-9 with communal kitchen
- laundry available on campus
- meals served in an on-site canteen
- Wi-Fi available
- students must bring their own towel
- facilities: sports hall, outdoor areas for games and activities, astro turf sports pitch
- taught by friendly and professional English teachers,
- 20 x 45 minute lessons per week morning or afternoon
- placement test on day 1 to ensure students in appropriate level
- maximum 17 students per class
- students will be placed in an international class with students of different nationalities
- emphasis on communication skills
- materials, reports and certificates included
- many classrooms have interactive whiteboards
- classrooms are located in the Fulton Building.
- Sports: With a choice of football, mini Olympics, rounders, table tennis, volleyball and basketball.
- Daytime activities: for example scavenger hunts, drama workshops and photo quiz
- Evening: Activities such as karaoke, a talent show, and team games.
- Half-Day Trips: Arundel Castle, Chichester, the historic town of Lewes as well as local visits to Brighton with the Sea Life Centre.
- Full-Day Excursions: London, Canterbury, Windsor Castle.
(LGW) London Gatwick Airport 30 minutes
(LHR) London Heathrow Airport 1hour 15 minutes
(STN) Stansted Airport 2 hours
(LTN) Luton Airport 2 hours
By train from London:
St Pancras International (Eurostar) – 2 hours 30 minutes