Discovery Summer – what’s that?
Well, Discovery Summer is 2 in 1: for the kids it’s their perfect holiday dreams come true, and for the parents, too: at last their children start speaking fluent English!
Discovery Summer is 6 excellent language summer camps for kids and teens, invented and created 20 years ago by Jane Merrick (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DVlLwrn540) who wanted to find international friends for her two teenage sons. Right now they help their mum to run the Discovery Summer family business, and so every July 6 fantastic traditional English boarding schools welcome kids and teens from more than 40 countries. What’s particularly interesting, English teenagers also take part in the camps.
All of the schools have fantastic grounds and facilities, where you can play all kinds of sports (golf, tennis, swimming, football, horse riding etc). do all forms of art (theatre, dance, film), or even learn how to write code! Of course – you do all that in English. On top of things, kids take two half-day trips weekly to visit Windsor, Oxford and other exciting places in the area.
Radley College campus, set in 320 hectares of parkland, is situated close to Oxford and within easy reach of London. The facilities for study, sports and recreation are outstanding, including art studios, large IT suites and a new Science Lecture Theatre.
Sporting facilities include football, rugby and cricket pitches, an athletics track, tennis courts, a Real Tennis court, squash and fives courts, an indoor 25m 6-lane swimming/ diving pool and a sports hall.
Only at Radley:
- Perfect for brothers and sisters: separate programs for younger (11-14) and older participants (14-17)
- Special program for teens 16+ including additional weekly trips and some later bedtimes
- 22.5 hours of tuition per week (18 hours in your arrival week)
- Global Minds programme (critical thinking, problem-solving, discussion panels, collaboration and creative workshops). Topics: British culture, digital media, drama and music, think green, science and technology
- Up to 200 students, over 40 nationalities and Great Teachers.
Find out more about Radley:
Accommodation: Full board at a prestigious, traditional English boarding school
Nearest airport: Heathrow
Price for 2 weeks: £ 3 600 (plus 5% YouEnglishs discounts)
Course dates: Wednesday from 5.07.2023 to .09.08.2023 (2 to 4 weeks)
Check out the organizer’s website: