Group trip with a Guardian from YouEnglish: 02.07.23 – 16.07.23
Only in New York:
Manhattan! Central Park! Fifth Avenue! Statue of Liberty! Broadway! Times Square! Brooklyn Bridge!…. and many more attractions of the Big Apple!
Age: 12-18 (18 possible if you go with a group leader)
Dates: 02 – 30 Jul 2023
Each 14-night stay will include a total of 12 local accompanied visits to New York with visits/activities and 2 full-day excursions to major tourist attractions such as The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, and Coney Island.
- half-day trips: Brooklyn Bridge, Times Square and Central Park, The American Museum of Natural History
- full-day excursions: Coney Island, Brooklyn Beach, Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island
- shopping: Empire Outlets, Macy’s 34th street
- sports: football, mini Olympics, volleyball and basketball
- drama and performance workshops, scavenger hunts.
- evenings: karaoke, a talent show, team games and Manhattan by night walking tours.
Accommodation: Campus of Long Island University
The centre is located just one subway ride away from Manhattan. The breathtaking iconic skyline of New York can be viewed from Brooklyn Heights and everything that the city has to offer is within easy reach. This is the perfect location if you want to experience “The Big Apple” but also discover more genuine parts of the city.
- rooms located in Hoyt Halls residence less than a 5-minute walk from the central LIU Brooklyn campus.
- single/double/triple standard rooms or double/triple/quad with shared en-suite
- laundry is available in both residence buildings, $1.50 for cleaning and $1.50 for drying
- communal facilities are cleaned daily
- all rooms have air-conditioning and linen changed weekly
- towel and washcloth are provided.
The English program offers:
- the classroom is at the heart of your New York Junior English Course.
- English Lessons are student-centred and encourage the development of relevant language skills.
- 20 x 45-minute lessons per week
- friendly and professional English teachers
- placement test on day 1 to ensure students in an appropriate level
- maximum 17 students per class
- students will be placed in an international class with students of different nationalities
- classrooms are located on the campus
- emphasis on communication skills
- materials included as well as an end of course report and certificate.
single/double/triple standard rooms: $ 1790 per week
double/triple/quad with shared en-suite: $ 1890 per week
(Day Programme: $ 640 per week
minus 5% discount for YouEnglish students!
Prices include tuition, trips, activities, accommodation and full board
Prices do not include air tickets, ESTA card, airport transfers, and insurance.
- John F. Kennedy International (JFK) 45 mins
- La Guardia International (LGA) 45 mins