Discovery Summer – what’s that?
Well, Discovery Summer is 2 in 1: for the kids, it’s their perfect holiday dreams come true, and for the parents, too: at last their children start speaking fluent English!
Discovery Summer is 6 excellent language summer camps for kids and teens, invented and created 20 years ago by Jane Merrick (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DVlLwrn540) who wanted to find international friends for her two teenage sons. Right now they help their mum to run the Discovery Summer family business, and so every July 6 fantastic traditional English boarding schools welcome kids and teens from more than 40 countries. What’s particularly interesting, English teenagers also take part in the camps.
All of the schools have fantastic grounds and facilities, where you can play all kinds of sports (golf, tennis, swimming, football, horse riding etc). do all forms of art (theatre, dance, film), or even learn how to write code! Of course – you do all that in English. On top of things, kids take two half-day trips weekly to visit Windsor, Oxford and other exciting places in the area.
Camps Discovery Summer at ACS Cobham: Two parallel programmes run for two age groups at the same time – perfect for siblings!
ACS Cobham is located on a private estate, surrounded by beautiful countryside, 24km from central London. This impressive international school sits within a secure 50-hectare campus with excellent facilities for study, creative activities and recreation. Heathrow and Gatwick airports are 45 minutes away.
Only at ACS Cobham: Program Global Young Leaders (12 – 16):
- Each week you will study English, STEM, Young Entrepreneur and Presentation Skills/Model UN
- *21 hours of tuition (18 hours in your arrival week) including end-of-week presentation
- Maximum class size 15 international students
- Enrichment Workshops enhance your experience e.g. British history and culture, nature trail, creative writing
- Enhance your fluency and leadership skills through collaborating and problem-solving – essential 21st-century life skills
- Staff mentors help you identify and meet your personal goals.
Find out more about Summer Camps with English Teenagers:
- The boarding house is exceptional and of hotel standard. Single or twin study bedrooms with en suite facilities. Younger students accommodated in twin rooms
- Students on the English + Multi-Activity and Global Young Leaders programmes will be mixed in accommodation
- Safe campus with 24 hr security
- Close supervision by our resident staff
- Full board. Varied meals to suit international students
- Restricted access to mobile phones. WiFi is available (at specific times).
Price: £ 3320 for 2 weeks (plus 5% YouEnglish discount)
Dates: between 01.07.2023 and 15.07.2023. You can stay a minimum of 1 week. The last arrival day is 15.07.2023.
Find out more about ACS Cobhan:
Check out the organizer’s website: