Oxford is known for its universities, museums and architecture which students will get to explore during their stay. Students can also enjoy the great campus facilities such as a sports hall, a modern dining hall and several shops.
Age: 12 to 18
Dates: 25 June – 13 August
Accommodation: Headington campus of Oxford Brookes University.
- single rooms with a bathroom on campus and standard rooms, arranged in flats of 5
- laundry available on campus
- meals served in an on-site canteen, packed lunch at weekends
- Wi-Fi available
- students must bring their own towel
- meals served in a modern dining hall in Henry Brookes building Breakfast – cooked and continental – pancakes, eggs, sausage, juice, coffee, toast, cereal and fruit; lunch – 2 courses, 3 options including a vegetarian option.
Packed lunches (provided at weekends): water, fruit, sandwich, crisps and biscuits/cake; evening meal – 2 courses, 3 options including both a vegetarian and Halal option.
- Campus facilities: large multi-purpose sports hall, park nearby for games and activities, mini supermarket and several cafés, cash machine (ATM), shared common area in each flat, there’s plenty of more social space for students across the campus.
Single en-suite rooms: £ 985 per week (plus 5% YouEnglish discounts)
Standard single rooms: £ 900 per week minus (plus 5% YouEnglish discounts)
Day Programme: £ 450 per week (plus 5% YouEnglish discounts)
Prices per week include tuition, trips, activities, accommodation and full board.
Prices do not include air tickets, insurance and transfers from/to the airports.
- taught by friendly and professional English teachers,
- 20 x 45 minute lessons per week morning or afternoon
- placement test on day 1 to ensure students in appropriate level
- maximum 17 students per class
- students will be placed in an international class with students of different nationalities
- emphasis on communication skills
- materials, reports and certificates included
- many classrooms have interactive whiteboards
- classrooms are located in the John Henry Brookes and Gibbs buildings.
- Sports: With a choice of football, mini Olympics, rounders, table tennis, volleyball and basketball.
- Daytime activities: for example scavenger hunts, drama workshops and photo quiz
- Evening: Activities such as karaoke, a talent show, and team games.
- Half-Day Trips: Bourton-on-the-water in the Cotswolds, Woodstock and Blenheim Gardens and a selection of Oxford Museums and Colleges.
- Full-Day Excursions: London, Windsor Castle, Stratford-upon-Avon
Each 14-night stay will include 2 local visits to Oxford by foot, 2 half-day trips to nearby towns and attractions and 2 full-day excursions to other exciting towns such as London, Stratford Upon Avon, London and Cambridge. Transport for trips may be by private coach or public transport. Student may have lessons either morning or afternoon in week 1, alternating weekly after that.
(LGW) London Gatwick Airport 2 hours
(LHR) London Heathrow Airport 1hour
(STN) Stansted Airport 2 hours 30 minutes
(LTN) Luton Airport 1 hour 30 minutes
By train from London:
St Pancras International (Eurostar) – 1 hours 30 minutes